Researching across intersections of visual language, critical publishing, and digital media environments. Actively contributing to stanza – studio for critical graphic design & publishing (DK). Creatively co-directing fanfare – artistic research collective of interlinked communications (NL). Continuously learning – currently, as a research fellow at the London School of Film, Media and Design, UWL (UK).
- Unlearn, Display, ConnectTokyo Art Bookfair (JP)Curatiorial concept and artistic direction for country section
- Glitchy, Caring, TacticalA Relational Study Between Artistic Tactics and Minor TechPaper for APRJA
- Between Dog & WolfAmsterdam (NL), Copenhagen (DK), Milano (IT)Film and research of online conspirational climate imaginaries
- Overgaden identityOvergaden (DK)Visual identity and concept for contemporary art institution
- Wat nu, Koetsier?Museum of Communication (NL)Curatorial concept, creative direction and research of misused advertisement spaces
- Landscape with Bearde Appel Amsterdam (NL)Creative direction and visual identity for group exhibition
- Playground of the In-BetweenGraphic Days (IT)Concept, creative direction and visual identity for exhibition audioguide
- Parasite Dinerfanfare, When Site Lost the Plot (NL)Curatorial concept and artistic direction for dine-in duo shows
- fanfare inc. TransportationGraphic Design Biennial (FR)Research series on creative working conditions
- fanfare inc. ToolsManifesta 12 (IT), Its a Book (DE), Libros Mutantes (ES) , fanfare (NL)Research series on creative working conditions
- awɪ sɔː ðə saʊndGerrit Rietveld Academie (NL)Workshop on relations between space, sound, and design
- GlossyKrabbesholm (DK)Workshop on collective typography
- Designing DetourEindhoven Design Academy (NL)Workshop on mapping and neighbourhood encounters
- Nomadic B(oo)ksIED (ES)Workshop on space, books, and displays
- The Live ArchiveALT_CPH (DK)Sound experiement for instant archiving at art fair
- Art of Documenting Artfanfare (NL)Art direction and curation for research series on documentation
- From Elite to the StreetVan Gogh Museum (NL)Concept, curation, creative direction for exhibition intervention
- Making it workfanfare (NL)Conversation series on drives and struggles across creative collective practices
- fanfare displayTallinn (EE), Chaumont (FR), Leipzig (DE), Amsterdam (NL)Concept and construction of modular display system
- Flag dialogueCouncil of the European Union , Amsterdam (NL)Creative direction and writing for conversational flags
- Lunch BytesAmsterdam (NL), Zürich (CH), Washington, D. C. (US)Creative direction and visual identity
- Misplaced, disrupted, dysfunctionaltransmediale (DE), Digital Aesthetics Research Center, Aarhus University (DK), Centre for the Study of the Networked Image, London South Bank University (UK)Research presentation and writing contribution
fanfare was invited to shape the new identity for O—Overgaden, institution for contemporary art in Copenhagen.
For the re-design of the identity, we added a curious style of communication that resonates with the lively, buzzing environment that Overgaden hosts. The dancing Oo is one key aspect of it, which triggered the spelling out of the name from Overgaden to O-Overgaden / O—Overgaden / OooOOOooO / (O-O)vergaden etc. When doing so, we explored various ways of vocalizing the ‘O’ sound in written form, framing it with punctuation, approaching the letter o as if it were an open mouth, and playing with silence and duration, scattering and echo.
From order to disorder, grid and shapes. The glyphs of O—Overgaden make up the backbone of the visual language and follow the order of the dancing ‘O’.
The complete identity unfolds across all printed communication, the space, the website and frequent publications.
Concept and art direction: Miquel Hervas Gomez, Freja Kir
Design: César Rogers, Miquel Hervas Gomez, Freja Kir
Typeface: Glossy by Bold decisions
Website: Bram van den Berg
Monographic publication printed with: Raddraier
O—Overgaden’s publication series can be read online or downloaded for free, and print versions can be purchased at the gallery.
O—Overgaden is a Copenhagen-based institution for young contemporary art.