Researching across intersections of visual language, critical publishing, and digital media environments. Actively contributing to stanza – studio for critical graphic design & publishing (DK). Creatively co-directing fanfare – artistic research collective of interlinked communications (NL). Continuously learning – currently, as a research fellow at the London School of Film, Media and Design, UWL (UK).
- Unlearn, Display, ConnectTokyo Art Bookfair (JP)Curatiorial concept and artistic direction for country section
- Glitchy, Caring, TacticalA Relational Study Between Artistic Tactics and Minor TechPaper for APRJA
- Between Dog & WolfAmsterdam (NL), Copenhagen (DK), Milano (IT)Film and research of online conspirational climate imaginaries
- Overgaden identityOvergaden (DK)Visual identity and concept for contemporary art institution
- Wat nu, Koetsier?Museum of Communication (NL)Curatorial concept, creative direction and research of misused advertisement spaces
- Landscape with Bearde Appel Amsterdam (NL)Creative direction and visual identity for group exhibition
- Playground of the In-BetweenGraphic Days (IT)Concept, creative direction and visual identity for exhibition audioguide
- Parasite Dinerfanfare, When Site Lost the Plot (NL)Curatorial concept and artistic direction for dine-in duo shows
- fanfare inc. TransportationGraphic Design Biennial (FR)Research series on creative working conditions
- fanfare inc. ToolsManifesta 12 (IT), Its a Book (DE), Libros Mutantes (ES) , fanfare (NL)Research series on creative working conditions
- awɪ sɔː ðə saʊndGerrit Rietveld Academie (NL)Workshop on relations between space, sound, and design
- GlossyKrabbesholm (DK)Workshop on collective typography
- Designing DetourEindhoven Design Academy (NL)Workshop on mapping and neighbourhood encounters
- Nomadic B(oo)ksIED (ES)Workshop on space, books, and displays
- The Live ArchiveALT_CPH (DK)Sound experiement for instant archiving at art fair
- Art of Documenting Artfanfare (NL)Art direction and curation for research series on documentation
- From Elite to the StreetVan Gogh Museum (NL)Concept, curation, creative direction for exhibition intervention
- Making it workfanfare (NL)Conversation series on drives and struggles across creative collective practices
- fanfare displayTallinn (EE), Chaumont (FR), Leipzig (DE), Amsterdam (NL)Concept and construction of modular display system
- Flag dialogueCouncil of the European Union , Amsterdam (NL)Creative direction and writing for conversational flags
- Lunch BytesAmsterdam (NL), Zürich (CH), Washington, D. C. (US)Creative direction and visual identity
- Misplaced, disrupted, dysfunctionaltransmediale (DE), Digital Aesthetics Research Center, Aarhus University (DK), Centre for the Study of the Networked Image, London South Bank University (UK)Research presentation and writing contribution
What is the relation between design and sound? And how does the spatial display support compositions of sound?
During a one-week session for the Graphic Design Department of the Gerrit Rietveld Academie, the studio space of fanfare was transformed into a mix of a charging station, a display monster, a sound machine, and a broadcasting station. The central exploration of the week was the link between design and sound, display and action. Throughout the days, live sound transmissions and semi-automated earcons were created, and connections between indoor and outdoor gazing were explored. All of these tools came together in the final setup and outro of awɪ sɔː ðə saʊnd.
Teachers: Elisabeth Klement, Pieter Verbeke, Floor Koomen, Bart de Baets, David Bennewith, Miquel Hervas Gomez, Freja Kir
Special presentations: Radio Rietveld (Fernanda Barhumi and Olive Feghali), Andrea González, JaJaJaNeeNeeNee (Arif Kornweitz) and César Rogers.
fanfare is a platform and design studio for cross-disciplinary collaboration and visual communication. Through an active programme, fanfare generates, explores, and curates environments for visual interactions.
The Gerrit Rietveld Academie is a small-scale, independent international university of applied sciences for Fine Arts and Design in Amsterdam (NL). From a critical point of view the Graphic Design Department, explore, evaluate and experiment with the many possible ways of communicating through visual languages.